WElcome to Unknown
Mongolia is a mystery to many people. Everyone knows the great conqueror Genghis Khan, but the country between Russia and China is almost unknown.
I still remember my first trip to Mongolia very well. A mixture of curiosity, amazement at the sheer vastness of the country, disillusionment with the simplicity of living conditions and enthusiasm for how friendly people were.
Mongolia is a green field for photographers. Depending on the season, in some regions you are standing in a rock and sand desert, steppe as far as the eye can see, huge forests or green meadows. The night sky outside the capital Ulaanbatar is phenomenal and perfect for the focus of our photo trip.
Ulaanbatar is a growing city with its typical light pollution
But already 1 hour outside of the capital a perfect starry sky awaits you.
We will drive and hike through the landscape. On our trip we can see wild camels and the kings of the wild sheep Ovis Amon as well as marals and many other wild animals.
Magnificent lighting scenes paired with deserts, rocks and mountains will ensure fantastic shots.
What awaits us
- Own arrival to UlaanBatar
- Check-in at the hotel, meeting the members of the trip / dinner together and stowing the equipment
- Get to know the drivers and guides
- It starts early the next morning. We drive out into the camp in spacious SUVs
- We have yurts in which up to 4 people can sleep comfortably.
- A cook takes care of the physical well-being
- There will always be electricity for charging batteries and laptops – in advance we will discuss suitable energy management